It’s summer time. The weather across much of America has been HOT. In Syracuse, NY the temperature was in the mid 90s most of the week.
You know what that means for a coffee lover?
It’s iced coffee time.
That’s right. All week I have been turning to iced coffee as my refreshing escape from the persistent heat. I have a feeling I am not the only one.
Iced coffee is just the perfect drink for coffee fans when the weather gets so hot that when you walk outside of your house you think you’ve just walked into a wall of heat…or maybe entered a steam room.
It was so hot at times this week that I just couldn’t imagine drinking a hot coffee, and I love my coffee.
Anyway, since I have been drinking iced coffee all week I noticed 5 cool things about iced coffee.
5 Cool Things I Noticed About Iced Coffee.
- Iced coffee is good for drinking a lot faster or a lot slower than hot coffee. Why? The fact that it’s cold. You can drink iced coffee fast because you won’t burn your mouth. Hot coffee is just no fun to drink fast. You can drink iced coffee slower because it stays cold for a long while. Since you aren’t worried about your coffee getting cold, you can drink it nice and slow if you like. Sure, the ice will melt into the coffee, but if you make the coffee right the melting ice won’t affect the flavor too much.
- Iced coffee is good when it’s very strong with no cream. I find that when my coffee is iced, I can enjoy it much bolder. Add just a small amount of sugar (I don’t like my coffee real sweet most times) to a strong, very bold coffee and it’s just really nice cold.
- Iced coffee can be made very light. I also noticed you can use a lot of cream and sugar in iced coffee and it makes for a nice treat. As you read above, I am one for a lot of sugar in my coffee. However, on occasion I crave something sweet. When I do, I usually pass on cookies or cake and make a coffee that is sweeter than usual. With iced coffee, you can really lighten it up with cream and sugar and not get that over the top sickly sweet experience you get when the coffee is hot. This is just purely my opinion and experience. It may be different for you, but just try it and see.
- Iced coffee travels well. You can put iced coffee in a wide variety of cups, mugs, glasses and so on. This is good for finding the right cup for the cup holder. As stated before, you don’t have to be concerned about your coffee getting cold or burning yourself. Easy peasy.
- Iced coffee is fun. There is just something cool about having a nice tall glass of beautiful iced coffee outside in the shade. The weather is blazing hot, but you are staying cool. You are taking it easy and relaxing with your iced coffee. Life is good.
So there are the 5 cool things I happened to notice about iced coffee. Remember cool is a subjective thing. You may not find any of this cool. In that case, stop reading and go get yourself an iced coffee. You can come up with your own list.
Stay cool and enjoy your iced coffee.